Thursday, March 27, 2008

I'm Back!

Well, not back back. This is a new blog since I decided to delete the old ones I had. I enjoyed working on them, but after the whole "I give up on journalism" thing, blogging just reminded me of how much I miss writing.

So I'm starting again. One reason is because I feel like my life is getting/about to get pretty complicated and I need a place to think things through. Another reason is that it's just plain fun.

I'm not going to let anyone know about this at first. I enjoy just writing for myself. My ultimate goal, however, is to let friends and even family know about it so they can check it out if they feel about it.

Why do I think my life is getting complicated? Because I really feel confident in myself now so that means I'm going to be more assertive and such. I finally feel like I've grown into my skin, you know? I've never really lacked confidence, I just haven't been entirely sure of who I was and what I wanted. But, now I feel like I have that.

Also, I'll be finishing up grad school in about a year and finally getting out into the real world. That might entail me leaving Miami. After breaking up with Bruce (heck, even a bit before that) I never thought I'd leave. But, you live, you learn. And I ended up meeting somebody who happens to move every few years. That means that if things work out between us I'll be taking myself on the road.

But, that's getting a bit ahead of myself. Patience pays. And right now I just want to get through the semester and my first internship.

More talking to myself later, then. I'm off!

No comments: